The ideasUK Idea of the Year Competition for 2017 (IOY 2017) is now open.
The purpose of this competition is the recognition of great workplace ideas, primarily of the ideas submitters but also of their organisation and their ideas programme.
The moment you have all been waiting for has arrived ....
For nearly three decades, we have honoured the best ideas from the public and private sectors, both home and abroad. Over that time, through our Idea of the Year competition, we have shown time after time how innovation in the workplace can bring wide benefits to employees, customers and organisations.
The Idea of the Year competition provides a great opportunity to recognise the employees who submitted those incredible ideas; raise the profile of the scheme to senior management through external recognition and gives international exposure of your success.
This year we have teamed up with Wazoku (www.wazoku.com), who have kindly offered to provide an on-line platform for the competition, so for the first time we are automating the submission process.
As the lead contact within your organisation, you will subsequently receive an invite to join the ideasUK, spotlight community. This is a closed community for members, so if you would like another member of your organisation invited to the platform, please just ask!
The email you will receive is from 'Notification' - please do not delete and if you have not received this within the next couple of hours, please check your junk email or get in touch!
The website is the ONLY way to enter the competition this year, so please save the web address to your 'favourites'. I ask you to upload your company logo and a title for each idea, before the idea content is added. To ensure confidentiality, only the logo and title will be visible to other members, all idea content will be locked down, visible only to the judges.
As always the winning entries will be announced at our awards dinner during conference and this year we have booked another venue with a definite 'WOW' factor! Plus the winning entry will automatically be entered into the GLOBAL IDEA OF THE YEAR competition ...
We will once again be searching for the Innovation Leader of 2017, however we will not be asking for nominations for this category until later in the year.
For now if you have any questions, call (+44 7887 640246) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check out our ideasUK Idea of the Year detailed tips on submitting your idea for this year's competition.
The process of uploading an idea is the submitting organisation's agreement to the conditions of the competition and confirmation that:
- The idea has been implemented and delivered benefit, tangible or intangible, to the organisation after 1 June 2016 and not entered into the competition previously.
- The submitter themselves, (or at least one of the team if more than one), will attend the full two days of Conference and Awards Dinner. NB: ideasUK will withdraw the idea from the competition in the absence of the actual submitter.
- The organisation will provide one PowerPoint slide, to given specifications as an overview of the idea to be displayed on screens during the conference.
By receiving an Entry Form ideasUK will undertake to:
- Arrange the judging of ideas after the closing date by an independent panel of Judges to review and shortlist ideas in each category..
- Notify submitting organisations of the ideas shortlisted for the final and of the awards for those not shortlisted by 1 July 2017.
- Give a Finalist Discount Rate at the Conference (8/9 November 2017) for one shortlisted finalist for each idea.
- Provide large screens to display the Idea of the Year 'Posters'.
- Provide a face to face meeting of approx. 15 minutes for each finalists with the judging panel during conference.
- After the interview, select the winners in eleven categories and the Idea of the Year Award.
- Provide two trophies for each award, one for the submitter and one to be retained by their organisation.
- Announce the winners and present all trophies at the Awards Dinner, on Thursday 9th November 2017.
- Provide all Finalists with a Certificate of Merit.
The presentation of ideas is of crucial importance. Clear, simple and well-presented submissions assist the judges to assess the quality of ideas.
A good idea, poorly presented, may be difficult to judge. Ideas must be clearly set out, in the required format, with evidence of the benefits to the organisation. Technical terminology should be avoided as far as possible or a glossary of specialist terminology included.
It is important that you include as much supporting information as possible, within the four page attachment limit, to enable the judges to fully understand the benefits of the idea to your organisation.
NB: The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Check out our page with 2016 Trophy Winners....
If you require any advice or guidance on the competition, please contact us. Tel: 0844 330 4905
Calls cost 9.9p per minute plus your phone company's access charge
The 2017 ideasUK Idea of the Year Competition Trophies
Awarded in recognition of the idea that demonstrated the greatest contribution to the conservation of natural resources, protecting the natural environment or sustainable project.
Health and Safety Award
Awarded in recognition of the idea that demonstrated the greatest contribution to the improvement in health and safety of products, services or the workplace.
Customer Focus Award
Awarded in recognition of the idea that demonstrated the greatest positive impact to the customer or an idea which has been developed that puts the customer first.
Continuous Improvement Award
Awarded in the recognition of the idea which raised the awareness and importance of continuous improvement within the organisation.
Value for Money Award
Awarded in recognition of the idea that demonstrated the greatest, value for money taking into account size of the organisation, the cost savings and income generated.
Process Improvement Award
Awarded to the best idea designed to improve a process or the way in which work is planned and implemented.
Computer Software Award
Awarded to the best new software development or application idea.
Awarded to the idea that demonstrates the best in original thinking.
Corporate Social Responsibility Award
Ideas submitted by employees that benefit the community outside of the business.
Ideas that make an improvement by using a novel manufacturing, engineering, construction or technical solution.
Judges Special Achievement Award
This is a special award from the Judges for an outstanding idea not covered by other categories.
Idea of the Year Trophy
The idea considered to be the best of all short-listed entries.